Photo @ Delicious Dishings
The "big game" is coming up - are you ready? For many of us, it's not just about football. Americans love the tradition of gathering with family, friends, and tons of good food. If you are hosting a football party this month, delicious appetizers are a must.
Here are some crowd pleasing appetizer ideas made with TortillaLand® tortillas to enjoy as you are entertained by clever commercials, the ever fascinating half-time show, and a (hopefully) suspense-filled football game.
Supreme Game-Day Nachos
Want to know the secret to outstanding nachos? Use fresh, homemade tortilla chips made with TortillaLand® Corn Tortillas. If you are ready to take your nachos to the next level, follow these steps:
1. Pan cook your tortillas. Heat your pan at high for a minute or so then turn the heat to about medium and cook each side till golden. You’ll likely have them puff up on you – that’s PERFECT!
2. Cut each tortilla into fours and make sure the space between the two layers of tortilla is open.
3. Heat a deep pan of vegetable oil – you’ll know it’s hot enough when you can toss a small piece of tortilla in and it sizzles up. Then one by one gently drop in your tortilla triangles. Let them sizzle up on each side until golden and crisp.
4. Drip-dry freshly fried chips on a paper towel and lightly salt.
5. Build YOUR favorite nacho creation with cheese, beans, jalapeno, guacamole, salsa, olives, tomato, sour cream - whatever you'd like. Everyone has a recipe that suits their game-time cravings. Whatever your style – you are going to LOVE these nacho chips! Get creative and enjoy!
Here are some more links to our favorite appetizers using TortillaLand tortillas.
Grilled Mexican Tortilla Pizzas (pictured)
Taquitos with Chicken, Smoked Cheddar and Pepper Jelly
Grilled Mexican Tortilla Pizzas
Pork Nachos with Pina Colada Sauce
Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza
Peach & Blueberry “Pie” Tacos
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips